Company Profile – History
- Existing shareholder Mainport Innovation Fund and a group of private investors have invested EUR 1.8 million in the Dutch technology firm Eye on Air. Eye on Air will use the investment to expand its development team and to start marketing of its products in 2017.
- During a test at TNO, Eye on Air successfully detects very low density vapors as emanate from explosives at room temperature.
- Eye on Air receives a grant from the Nationaal Coordinator Terrorisme & Veligheid (NCTV) to develop a product for a fast and stand-off passenger screening process for explosives.
- Eye on Air qualifies for an Innovation Loan (‘innovatiekrediet’) from the Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland (RVO). The loan will be used to fund the development of both an innovative explosives detection technology and detection products.
- Eye on Air receives a loan from the Proof of Concept fund. The loan will be used to finance the development of a 1st proof of concept of Eye on Air’s detection technology.
- Founding of Eye on Air B.V. for the development, production and sales of IMS trace detection equipment for airports.
- Entering the Operational Field Lab at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol for the testing in real environment and to develop the prototype to a serial production device.
- Mainport Innovation Fund (an investment fund established by Schiphol, KLM, Rabobank and TU Delft) invest in Eye on Air’s technology for the detection of explosives.